I am excited to announce that Amtrak’s Operation RailSafe event is now open for registration. The training event will be held at Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office located at 3365 S 900 W, SLC, UT 84119 on July 27th and 28th, 2022. Please see attached flyer for registration information and my contact information.
What is Operation RailSafe?
Operation RailSafe was developed in May 2010 as a partnership between the Amtrak Police Department, New York Police Department, and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), in coordination with local, state, and federal partners to deploy at passenger rail and transit stations to exercise counterterrorism and incident response capabilities. The program’s efforts include:
• Coordinated efforts to use the available intelligence to prevent incidents in or around the rail environment.
• High visibility and increased security presence at stations and aboard trains, personnel that feature enhanced capabilities such as explosive detection K9 teams, passenger bag inspections, counter-surveillance, and other activities that leads to enhanced situational awareness.
Operation RailSafe’s goals and objectives are to:
• Provide participating agencies, first responders, and Amtrak stakeholders with a better understanding of how to protect Amtrak’s critical infrastructure from acts of terrorism, which will also help safeguard your communities.
• Decrease Amtrak’s and your community’s risk of and vulnerability to a potential attack by enhancing situational awareness of critical assets, establishing interoperability, sharing resources, and allowing for networking opportunities with like agencies.
• Operation RailSafe will encourage greater involvement and buy-in by emphasizing how the Amtrak Police Department and other staff members can help protect communities.
• Improve knowledge of Amtrak’s railroad infrastructure and the inherent danger of responding to a railroad incident to ensure the safety of personnel.
This training event is free, including breakfast, lunch, and parking. You can register now by clicking this link www.railsafe.net